AGA Lessons/Other Items
- Scientific Revolution – by Sherry Tipps-Holder
- Teaching the Five Themes – by Brooks Green
- The Five Themes Through South Africa (Worksheet, PowerPoint) – by Gail Streett
- Brewer Lake: A Project Using the Five Geographic Skills – by Brooks Green
- National Geographic Society Arkansas Standards Alignment – Members of the NGS Education team have created linked PDF guides for each of the new Arkansas Content Standards for 7th grade Geography. You can browse already developed lessons that fit with each of the standards.
- National Geographic Society Lesson Plans – A general resource but one that could be useful for many teachers.
- In Time and Place – A resource page for history and geography teachers. Developed by a teacher for teachers. There are units on Westward Expansion, the Dust Bowl, the Irish Potato Famine, and many more. Each unit has meticulous notes and source material, reading selections, as well as interactive activities, some of which utilize GIS technology.